Monday, June 23, 2008

T n T - Crackle Paint on Chipboard

I have played with crackle paint on this Technique Tuesday Chipboard circle.  The following are the way I have played with it.  Hope you like this technique.

Firstly - I have used the crackle paint named Milled Lavender here.  Thereafter I have decided to use the Versamagic Chalk ink to make the crackles look more prominent.  

I then added some brilliance to bring the cracks out.  

I have added some gold brilliance ink at this time and I was still unsatisfied with the results.
As a last step - I have added some Stazon ink.  By now - I was totally satisfied with the results.

Tips for using crackle paint:
1)  The thinner the layer of crackle paint,  the smaller the cracks.
2) The thicker the later - the result would be bigger cracks.
3) I was also told that you could dilute the crackle paint by adding water to it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so cool...u r such an inspiration. Thank you for the setting up the blog

Chowchow said...

Thanks Nadhrah - you inspire me too. Imagine if we all inspire each other - woohoo - the level of our arts will be up there. So let's try sharing and see what happens. We can only have more scrappers if we start educating them.

Naddy said...

nice one mich... cant wait to "play" more ehehhe

Yatie Tajudin said...

Great technique, babe!! Can't wait to try this!!

Mescrap said...

Thanks for this tutorial !
I gonna try this out !

Chowchow said...

Thanks ladies..

Liza said...

Wow that is a great Tutorial!! I will definately try this soon!!

Chowchow said...

Thanks Liza - can't wait to see your take on it...