Monday, June 23, 2008

Altered Album - Shaz













Made this album for a friend for her birthday.  I have used a Maya Road chipboard album here.  I have tried to use as many techniques as possible to incorporate into this album.  Firstly I have used distress inks onto the cover.  Thereafter I have used the reverse of a KI lace cs to do some dot masking. I love the effect of this.  I have also used the same cs to mask some scallops.

I have then added some crackle paint to the sides so as to add some more texture. Then I took some Tim Holtz Embossing Distress powder to create a slighly sandy effect on the cover and went through the whole album again with the TH black soot distress ink.

I felt that the whole album was very manly at that time.  Hence I decided to add some feminine details like the lace trims to tone that down.  I have also played with the KI lace cs which I added both regular red embossing powder and glossy accents. I heated them up with the heat gun and managed to get some bubbly effect on the cs.  I thought it added a more rustic touch to it.

My friend had bought me some Scraptivate gate diecuts which I added here.  I have also added some gold coins to add character to the album. Lastly I added some Lil Davis alphas and a general rub of the copper Brilliance Ink.

The album inside remained simple.  I have just added pp which I have chosen and just painted the sides with red acrylic paint.  I thought that the red broke the monotony of the album and gives it some character.  Lastly - I journalled using my Dymo.  

Materials used:
Maya Road Chipboard Book,  Scraptivate Gate Diecut,  Lil Davis Alphas,  Gold coins from Chinatown,  Crackle Paint, Laces and trims from local haberdashery (Thanks Kat),  7 gypsies pp,  Flourish pp,  Chatterbox pp,  Distress inks,  Brilliance Inks,  Melissa Frances Trim,  Maya Road Chipboard shapes,  Prima flowers,  Prima brads,  Hambly Transparency,  Basic Grey Rubon,  Prima IOD tapes,  Acrylic Paint,  Tim Holtz embossing Distressing Powder and Dymo tape.   

8 comments:

feli said...

i love the cover especially! so much put in on the cover! :)

Chowchow said...

Yeah I love the cover too - it was very fun todo. A distraction from my usual style but Shar loves this style. Its her birthday - so Shar rules today in this album.

Wati Basri said...

tis is superbly lovely album babe....love it!! thanks for sharing :)

Naddy said...

mich, as i told u, this album is really2 lovely :) TFS

Yatie Tajudin said...

OMG!! Gorgeous, gorgeous album, babe!! Love everything about it!! I'm sure Shar loves it!!

Chowchow said...

Thanks ladies. Shar loves the gothic style and I tried to make something that she likes.

Jessy Christopher said...

Such a cool b'day album! Me love the cover too! Cool photos = cool album!!TFS M :)

Chowchow said...

Thanks Jessy...