Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tips and Tech - Handsewn Projects



I have always found that sewing on my scrapbooking projects most therapeutic.  Hence, whenever I can find the extra time,  I just incorporate some labourious sewing into the layouts. One easy way to do that would be to use stamps. Here, I have stamped the image of a flourish onto the layout.  Used the piercer to pierce holes in the paper. The reason why we do this is to prevent the page from ripping or tearing as we are pulling the thread through. After that you are free to sew with your needle and thread.  In this layout - I have used a running stitch and a chain stitch.  Hope you like this simple way to jazz up your layout.  

2 comments:

Hilary Kanwischer said...

What an absolutely amazing technique...beautiful projects and photos. What an admirable thing you are doing. :)

Chowchow said...

Thanks Hilary...