Saturday, July 19, 2008

T n T - Altering paper

This is what the CI patterned paper looked like before altering.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is the same paper after altering.

Photobucket
Final layout 


I have chanced upon this Creative Imaginations paper. In its natural state,  the paper is natural and and black.  But I found it too plain to my liking and I have decided to alter the paper and adapt it so that I could stick it onto a Hambly transparency.

Firstly,  I cut out the paper according to the pattern and added Glossy Accents to the paper and waited for it to dry. After which I rubbed Distress inks onto the paper parts which I didn't apply the Glossy Accents.  I have thought that I wanted to colour the Glossy Accents too and hence - I decided to add Stazon ink to it.  To my delight,  the colour held and I loved the effect of it.

Hence - the lesson is,  the next time you love a piece of patterned paper but its not the colour that you wish for - please don't hesitate to alter it. Have fun altering....


10 comments:

Creative Busy Bee said...

Wow! I have only 1 question...take how long u altered it???

Chowchow said...

I am not sure I understd your question Creative Bee - this layout was done in June.

It took me only a while - the only thing that takes a long time is to wait for the glossy accents to dry. Thats all.

Cutting the pp - maybe half an hours and putting inks on the pp - maybe another 10 mins? Hope this answers your question.

Creative Busy Bee said...

Thank you so much! You gave me all the answer!

Chowchow said...

You are most welcome CK.

Naddy said...

mich, love this LO... love hw u altered the pp too

SnazzyJazzie said...

gee... such indigenuos idea! you literally transformed a piece of paper into something else. i have bought this piece of paper some time agoand it is still sitting in my folder waiting for inspiration to arrive. good thing i didn't do anything to spoil it yet.

Wati Basri said...

tis is really a lovely LO babe...dftly hv a style of its own!

Chowchow said...

Thanks ladies...

Yatie Tajudin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! And what great techniques!!! You are so creative to come up with diff technique idea!!!

Chowchow said...

Thanks Yatie...