Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Artist Feature - Chua Lay Hoon



One of the most fascinating things I find about scrapbookers are their immense talent and their ability to switch to art.  I am proud to present such an artist in Malaysia who successfully made this transition,  her name is Chua Lay Hoon.  Lay Hoon hails from the land of satays (traditional spiced skewered marinated meat - very yummy with special spicy peanut sauce) - Kajang.  When I first met Lay Hoon, she was shy and soft spoken.  When she started dabbling in scrapbooking and then art journals - I found that she has this "free" spirit about her art which belies her very gentle demeanour.

In crossing over to dabble with art journals,  I have noticed that Lay Hoon has used many techniques to create the backgrounds of her art journals.  Lay Hoon prides herself as a hands-on mom and has very often incorporated her daughter in her artworks - which I think is a splendid idea.  For more information on Lay Hoon's art journal,  please head over to her blog.

2 comments:

Mescrap said...

Thank you for such sweet description.
I've learned a lot from you too.

Anonymous said...

congrats lay, a well deserved feature! beautiful pages shart! really love your art journals as well. good luck with promoting creative arts in malaysia.