Sunday, August 24, 2008

T n T - Cutting paper for 3d effects



Since the recent fuel hikes, scrapbooking items in Malaysia seems to be even more expensive. In order to save paper and also on the concept of going green, I challenged myself to create 3d effects on paper with minimal wastage.  I used to love paper tole which one create 3d effects with using 3-5 or even 6 pieces of the same paper design which you select the areas of the paper that you wish to pop up.  Looking back - that was such a waste of paper.  Here is a simpler way to do it and it saves paper and looks equally good.

I want to create 3d effects on the flower and I do it simply by cutting the petals with my X-Acto knife.  Just be careful not to cut the petals of the flowers all the way - you should be fine.  To create a better and less stiffer flower,  you can always try to curl the flower petals with your finger and just pop up the petals with some 3d foam underneath.  Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised how effective this method is.



1 comment:

Fulltime Mom said...

lovely.... i really need to learn from you!