Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Playing with distressed inks

I have always loved the look of the distressed inks. Here I have used some distressed inks to create a messy background on a piece of white bazzill paper. I love the effect that you can create your own patterned paper. This is what I have done. Will upload with the full layout soon.



Firstly - I used a light colour "OLD PAPER" and lighly dab it onto the photo paper. If you do not have the Inkssentials Foam Appplicator pictures,  just use a normal facial sponge.  This works as well.


Next I added a stronger colour - Scattered Straw.



Thereafter - these few colours were dabbed on sparsely to match the photo of my layout.


I was quite satisfied with the inking then.  I then proceeded to add some stamps and emboosed the images using some distress embossing powder.  


7 comments:

Naddy said...

eeee cantiknyaaaa make me wanna scrap like now!! ehehe

Ying Pang, said...

thanks for the inspiration, it looks like the beautiful and colorful clouds.

Chowchow said...

Thanks ladies...

Wati Basri said...

grt tips!! Tfs

Pandachu said...

Wow it looks like a really cool PP. TFS!!

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

Love that personalised paper !! My favs are Shabby Shutter and Broken China.

Jessy Christopher said...

TFS, M!!